Monday, June 25, 2007

First ride in the rain

It's been raining here in Bangalore since a couple of days now. The roads are wet n muddy, just the way the Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi likes them. After a 15 km rain ride on the Hosur road highway to Electronics city, I came to know more about the Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi than before. The Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi not only loves the rain, but also loves to get dirty in the mud, just like a small kid while mommy is looking away.

Get dirty in the mud? Literally! After 15 Km of good highway (no pot holes, no un-even road surfaces making water puddles), the bike was covered in dirt and mud all over. The guk is all over the lower parts of the engine, the lower parts of the front faring, and even some on the seats. And I'm not talking about my dirty jeans yet.

The front wheel threading efficiently keep the water away from the wheel, but all over the Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi. I find this different from the P180, and even the good-ol' Caliber.

Besides the dirt-all-over-the-bike issue, the Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi is very very stable in mud/water/guk. I rode at almost 75Kmph, and had no stability or handling problems at all. One new thing I noticed was I could control the Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi by working on the front disks, and sliding the rear wheel in whichever direction I wanted. But obviously at low speeds of <10kmph.

4 comments:

Abhi said...

Hey dude., i heard that BAJAJ ppl are calling back their P220 from the customers as there seems to be some problem in the BIKE..Is it true? Are u also sending your bike back to the company? Do reply..
Abhishek Mathur

Unknown said...

@ abhi -

that stupid rumour has been doing the rounds for ages . It has no truth in it .

@ Aditya -
any update on the rear brake issue ?

Anonymous said...

@Aditya

Hi... Hw did u manage 2 get a bike 4 urself in B'lore..??
I stay in Hubli n need some suggestions 4 buyin' a new one 4 myself...
Plz help me out bro....!!
THNX....

NitinBali.SDM@GMail.com
or
http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=14998640214444569438

Anonymous said...

Srry 4 misprint

http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=14998640214444569438


-NitinBali