Thursday, September 13, 2007

Q & A - Oil leakage, Engine heating up, Rear brakes

Answers to a few questions asked by a visitor..

Q: I faced a peculiar problem of oil leakage from the engine( front - where silencer starts off ) and the oil was spilling on silencer, burning black and smelling , fuming. after 4 visits to khivraj its somehow solved but i still doubt coz i still feel the oil burning smell after i do 10 km.
A: Oil leakage! This should not be happening. I had a very small quantity of oil leakage noticeable at the joint of the engine and the pipes going to the radiator. Do keep an eye on the Oil indicator in the digital console, and also check (via glass view port on right side) if the engine oil level reduces rapidly.

Q: The engine gets over heated. its just 500kms old and this problem surface. is this engine heating common? it gets very hot for just 5 km ride and i can feel the heat on my legs.
A: Yes, the engine will heat up a lot when its new. Or rather you can feel the heat radiating a lot. From my experience, the heat radiating kind of reduced slowly after 1000Km.

Q: The rear brake is somehow not free i feel coz when i keep the bike off and rotate the rear tyre it doesn't happen freely. i felt the disc is held up somehow.
A: Yes, the rear disk brake has known issue; it drags/sticks a bit. Side effect is excessive disk heating, less free movement, squeaking noise, and perhaps a small reduction in mileage!

For all the above, I recommend paying a visit to Auto Service if in Bangalore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear aditya, thanks a lot for your replies to my queries. I m now unable to enjoy ridin coz met with accident near hosmat hospital. one stupid cabbie suddenly opened his door to spit pan, and hit me from left. fractured my left hand. i m happy my baby went scratchless in the incident. I dont know wer is this autoservice in blore. I only visited khivraj. kindly tel me wer nd how to reach autoservice. I m eager to visit for a service immediately after i m alright. thnk you in advance buddy.