Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Member Report: P220 wiring/electrical issues

Mailed in by Rohit H, an issue he faced with the ECU and fuel pump, diagnosed to find bad wiring:

At the second day after buying the vehicle there was disappointment that continued for one month, there was a fuel pump malfunction, this was replaced by service engineers, after couple of days the vehicle use to shut of without any reason that to in heavy traffic, since i have background knowledge of electronics, i thought that cause could be some breakdown in wiring or some circuit. This was the usual procedure that i was doing when the vehicle did not respond "opened back seat, shake some wires and try again " most of the times it worked. i had complain to service engineer by name majid, he failed to notice that problem even after through check up for 4th time and one fine day vehicle did not started and was late to my office at electronic city. i was frustrated with this problem, i escalated to higher authorities including regional manager and asked him for vehicle replacement, then regional service manager by name balakrishna came to help. They took the vehicle from my house and they called Delphi engineer who suppled ECU and fuel pump kits to bajaj, after his second attempt he found the problem. " It was with sockets one of the pin in the socked was not locked internally there by creating lots of trouble "

Before the trouble shooting Mr balakrishna had raised an issue to assembly section engineer in Pune. he visited to Bangalore on 29 and checked my vehicle, he had brought some bypass circuits which will avoid breakdown and stops oil malfunction indicator popping up frequently. there was lots of conservation between him and balakrishna, they regained my confidence over the bike. now i did not face any problem till now, thought i haven't took my bike to long ride.

As u said in ur post wiring quality of the vehicle is very poor.
-Rohit H, Bajaj Pulsar DTS-Fi 220 owner from Bangalore.

2 comments:

kri$hna said...

hii aditya.. I m krishna.. remember me? i contcted u to help me out wid engine fuming issue... well now i hav done something idiotic wid the bike .. i hav attached a K & N air filter and bike is roaring like hell... i hav removed the stock air filter and fixed the K & N thing. is it ok to do this?? i mean do u hav any of ur friends who hav done this and did they experience any change?? I actually wanted to fix this k&n inside the intake box of present filter and retain the box but mechanic said tht was not possible and removed the box away totally .. i m confused and i was not interested in such a high decibel sound also .. little more than normal was wat i wanted ... any help??

SandeepRathod said...

Hi all,

It's been good to join you along with my new P220. 14th Feb turns out to be my another one of good days, I got my new Red Pulsar 220 delivered.

WOW! That's the only word came out of me when I saw my bike at the time of getting keys in my hand. I'm ofcourse quite excited to have it and looking forward to go on long drives at the earliest.

Saturday was the photo shoot of my bike at Kharghar hills, do check out the gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandev/sets/72157603909751779/

Hope u guy's will enjoy. Well, I'll be back with some feedback and queries in my next post. Till than have fun and drive safe.

Sandeep