Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi ECU Kit

I went to Auto-Service to get the fuel pump checked. I was suspecting it due to continuous running noise from it. The pump makes a noise at boot time; thats the priming noise to build up pressure. At run time, the pump is supposed to run as and when needed. But, I noticed that it runs continuously now. Or if the pump is always supposed to run continuously the noise is at its max now.

Venkat Shyam, the big-boss from Auto-Service checked and explained to me that the pump is supposed to always run. So now I'm ignoring the pump noise as being normal.

I also had a chance to check out the ECU kit which Auto-Service had just recieved. I was told that it costs quite a lot. Its an hand-held battrey operated compact unit. Its simply plug and play. Plug it to the ECU connector under the rear seat (yes rear seat comes off separately) and you are ready. The hand-held can also be connected to a PC for flashing (updating EPROM's).

After the hand-held boots up, it syncs with the P220 ECU, and downloads the data in real time. Some of the parameters that can be monitored are battrey voltage, running RPM, idle RPM, air intake temperature, throttle %, firing angle and more. Using this tool the idle rpm was accurately set to 1400.

No comments: